- Teacher, if there is one thing I could take away from your lessons, what would it be? What is the most important thing you could ever teach me?
- What do you think it would be?
- That I should always think about my words, both what they mean and how they’re used.
- That is a worthwhile lesson, yet not what is most important.
- What is it, then?
- If you never recall anything else from our time together, I hope you will remember this: I have loved you.
- That’s a very beautiful sentiment. But I’m confused. You taught no lessons about love.
- About love there is very little that one human can teach another. In love, however, infinitely much.