- Wearing a wedding dress to a battlefield—the summary of American Christendom.
- A new world with the same sins following.
- “New soil! Any need of that old Vine?”
- Christendom: trying new hats, headless. The Church: never apart from Christ, not for a moment.
- Being penetrated versus comprehending. Truth versus the lie. Revelation versus Gnosticism. Humility versus hubris. Victory versus vanity. Rest versus “rage, rage.”
- All things for Christ or some things for Christendom. Absolute conflict.